IRVING, Texas, Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Commercial Metals Company (NYSE: CMC) today announced that Mr. Joseph Alvarado, its CEO and President, will also become the Chairman of the Board, effective January 1, 2013. Mr. Anthony Massaro, CMC's current Chairman, will become the Company's Lead Director at that time.
"The Board's decision to appoint Joe as Chairman is a reflection of his substantial accomplishments during the past year in improving the Company's operating and financial performance," stated Mr. Massaro. "The appointment will also promote unified leadership for the Company, allowing for a single, clear focus for management to execute its strategy and business plans."
About Commercial Metals Company
Commercial Metals Company and subsidiaries manufacture, recycle and market steel and metal products, related materials and services through a network including steel minimills, steel fabrication and processing plants, construction-related product warehouses, a copper tube mill, metal recycling facilities and marketing and distribution offices in the United States and in strategic international markets.SOURCE Commercial Metals Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV