Kyocera Corporation (NYSE:KYO)(TOKYO:6971) announced that the company's Fukushima Tanagura Plant (Fukushima Pref.) has received Japan's 2012 Minister of the Environment Award for the Promotion of Measures to Cope with Global Warming (countermeasures category) in recognition of its comprehensive environmental protection activities. This is the third consecutive year that Kyocera has been a recipient, following the 2011 award for the company's central Japan manufacturing plants in the countermeasures category, and the 2010 award for Kyocera's high-output solar module in the technology development / product category.
This latest award adds to the many others Kyocera has received worldwide. Most recently, Kyocera Mexicana S.A. de C.V., a manufacturing plant in Tijuana, Mexico was awarded its third consecutive Industria Limpia (Clean Industry) Certification from the Mexican government. Kyocera Communications Inc., a San Diego-based provider of wireless phones, earned a " 2012 Environmental Excellence Award" from the Industrial Environmental Association (IEA) in the category of Climate Change for reducing its environmental impact by fundamentally altering its freight-shipping practices. Kyocera also boasts the distinction of San Diego's " most awarded" company for its various environmental programs, earning 19 awards from the city for recycling and other business practices.
For this year's Minister award, Kyocera's Fukushima Tanagura manufacturing plant was nominated by the local township and was recognized for its comprehensive and community-based efforts. Kyocera has continually carried out environmental efforts over the years, but in response to an increased need for energy conservation following the disasters of March 2011, Kyocera further enhanced its activities at the plant, including the expansion of solar energy, implementation of demand control ventilations, and adoption of hybrid cars.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV