Chi Omega Fraternity Sanctions Local Penn State Chapter
MEMPHIS, Tenn., Dec. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Governing Council of Chi Omega Fraternity placed its Nu Gamma Chapter at Pennsylvania State University on probation effective Monday, due to members portraying inappropriate and untrue ethnic stereotypes at a social function.
Chi Omega's national headquarters staff is working closely with the university and Panhellenic Council on campus to implement corrective educational directives for the chapter.
"I am disappointed in the choices made by our Nu Gamma Chapter members and we regret any pain caused," said Chi Omega's National President Letitia Fulkerson. "We are taking this situation very seriously. Chi Omega does not condone behavior that violates our organization's policy on human dignity."
The Fraternity expects its members to share and promote the belief that self-respect, esteem, and a respect for others are necessary ingredients for healthy relationships with all members of the Penn State community.Founded in 1895, Chi Omega Fraternity is the largest women's fraternal organization in the world with over 300,000 initiated Sisters and 174 collegiate chapters. Chi Omegas bring the Fraternity's founding purposes to life, one woman at a time, through friendship, personal integrity, service to others, academic excellence and intellectual pursuits, community and campus involvement, and personal and career development. Chi Omega's shared values inspire Sisters to serve the world for a lifetime. Press Contact: Whitney HeckathorneDirector of CommunicationsChi Omega Fraternity(901) 748- 8600 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Chi Omega Fraternity
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV