MAXIMUS (NYSE: MMS), a leading provider of government services worldwide, announced today that the MAXIMUS Foundation has made a donation of $40,000 in employee contributions and corporate matching funds to the American Red Cross to support its response to disaster relief from Superstorm Sandy.
“With multiple office locations in the greater New York City area, many of our own employees were displaced as a result of the storm damage,” commented MAXIMUS Foundation Chairman John F. Boyer. “We are grateful for the outpouring of compassion and financial support from our employees across the country, and we are pleased to make this donation to the American Red Cross to use in helping the many individuals and families who are still in great need.”
Superstorm Sandy is likely to be the largest Red Cross response in the United States over the past five years. More than 5,800 Red Cross workers from all 50 states are supporting shelters, providing food and water and driving through neighborhoods to distribute meals and supplies. Since Sandy made landfall in October, Red Cross response organizations have provided more than 140,000 shelter stays across the affected region.
“We are so appreciative of this much needed support from MAXIMUS and its employees,” said Linda Mathes, CEO of the American Red Cross in the National Capital Region. “When Hurricane Sandy barreled up the East Coast, causing damage and power outages to millions, the Red Cross was on the ground and ready to respond. Whether it was a warm blanket, a hot meal or a shoulder to lean on, we were able to be there for those in need thanks to the generosity of wonderful contributors. Our response to Sandy is large and costly, and this help is critical. We are still on the ground and helping, and the MAXIMUS Foundation’s contribution will go a long way to meet the needs of men, women and children who continue to need our help.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV