French Unemployment Edges Up To 10.3 Percent In Q3
PARIS (AP) â¿¿ Unemployment in France has edged up again, reaching 10.3 percent in the third quarter.
The national statistics agency Insee also said Thursday that youth unemployment jumped more than a percentage point in the quarter to 24.9 percent. The national rate was up from 10.2 percent in the second quarter.
Hit by concerns about their overwhelming debt amid a slowing global economy, countries across Europe are struggling with high unemployment rates that have caused unrest in many parts of the continent. While France has avoided the worst of the crisis thus far, its high and rising unemployment rate indicates its economy is also in trouble.
French unemployment has been climbing steadily since last year after dropping for a few quarters. It is now higher than at any time since 1999.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV