News Summary: Small Business Hiring Slumps In Nov.
By The Associated Press
SLOWDOWN: Hiring by small businesses slowed to a crawl in November, as many businesses struggled to recover from SuperStorm Sandy.
WORST MONTH OF 2012: Payroll service provider ADP said Wednesday that small businesses added just 19,000 workers last month, the smallest increase this year. By contrast, small businesses added 52,000 workers to their payrolls in October.
OVERALL: The report was part of ADP's overall look at private-sector employment. ADP said companies added 118,000 workers in November, a drop from the previous month's total of 157,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV