By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 82.71 points to end at 13,034.49. The Standard and Poor's 500 closed up 2.23 points to 1,409.28. The Nasdaq composite was down 22.99 points to 2,973.70.
Benchmark crude fell 62 cents to finish at $87.88 per barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, fell $1.03 to end at $108.81 per barrel on the ICE Futures exchange in London.Heating oil fell 1.3 cents to finish at $2.9907 a gallon. Natural gas added 16.1 cents to end at $3.7000 per 1,000 cubic feet. Wholesale gasoline fell 5.12 cents to $2.6378 a gallon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV