RUGBY, United Kingdom, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JK Lasers (the "Company", "we", "our", "JK"), a division of GSI Group Inc., announced the launch of a new powerful 3 kilowatt (kW) fiber laser for industrial material processing. The new addition to the Company's range of watt to kilowatt (kW) fiber lasers will help enhance manufacturing productivity by processing metals at faster speeds and to higher standards.
Delivering stable output power from switch on, the JK3000FL features a consistent focused spot size and beam profile over the complete power range. It is fitted with JK Lasers' detachable "plug in, pre-aligned" (PIPA) beam delivery fibers, offering core diameters from 100µm, providing maximum versatility when processing difficult to access areas.
The launch of JK Lasers' JK3000FL has helped to open up new applications for the company, including remote laser welding, typically used in high volume automotive assemblies. This application has previously been dominated by high power CO 2 lasers that use a high brightness laser source and scan head to project the focused spot over a few meters.Compared to Nd:YAG lasers of a similar power level, the JK3000FL is up to ten times more energy efficient. It is also highly reliable, with a 300,000 hour mean time to failure (MTTF) of the individual laser pump sources, contributing to extended system lifetimes and uptime. Other benefits of the JK3000FL include user-friendly software, fast modulation, pulse shaping and JK Lasers' patented back reflection protection. This unique system protects the laser from damaging reflected light when processing highly reflective materials such as aluminum, copper, brass and gold. The JK3000FL can also be fitted with JK Lasers' own range of process tools for optimal performance and an optional timeshare unit that can rapidly connect up to four separate workstations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV