EHarmony Reveals Australia's Digital Heart
SYDNEY, December 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Not only does technology make our day more efficient, but it plays an integral part in how we interact, establish and even end relationships, according to new research from eHarmony which this year celebrates five years in Australia.
The independent survey of more than 2,000 Australians found technology is key in the courting practices of people of all ages, with 60 per cent of baby boomers (55-64 year olds) saying they rely on Google for planning the perfect date and the same number of Gen Z (18-24 year olds) using SMS as the main form of contact following a first date.
Jason Chuck, Managing Director of eHarmony Australia, says the survey reveals what an important role technology plays in relationships."Five years ago my parents would have laughed if I had told them they could find a compatible partner via a computer or phone. The old-fashioned phone call is great, but love is now definitely online and mobile," says Chuck. Since 2007, the number of marriages from eHarmony Australia has only accelerated, with the site having been responsible for almost one in every 50 marriages over the last five years - that's almost 11,000 eHarmony Australia weddings . The site now boasts over 1.5 million registrations. South Australian couple Claire and Miguel Martin-Reyes were one of the first couples to be matched on eHarmony Australia, tying the knot earlier this year. "My sister encouraged me to go online after I toyed with the idea for some time, and meeting Miguel changed my life. I agree when he says we have a lot of balance in our relationship. We complement each other so well, from our values to the way we do things, that we just feel comfortable and relaxed," Claire says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV