News Summary: Soybeans Rise On Export Demand Hopes
By The Associated Press
BEANS GAIN: Soybean prices rose on expectations that U.S. exports could strengthen after unfavorable weather affected planting of crops in Argentina and Brazil.
CLIFF HANGERS: Investors are cautious about trading commodities as Congress wrangles over the budget. Without an agreement, automatic tax increases and government spending cuts will take effect Jan. 1. The uncertainty has kept commodity trading choppy much of the week.
MIXED BAG: Prices rose for industrial metals, natural gas, corn and wheat. Gold and oil fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV