Airline offers its suggestions for a remarkable holiday travel experience
Dec. 5, 2012 /CNW/ - WestJet today shared its annual
holiday travel tips to help guests travelling during the airline's busiest time of year.
"The holidays are a busy travel period whether guests are travelling home or to one of our vacation destinations," said
Bob Cummings, WestJet Executive Vice-President, Sales, Marketing and Guest Experience. "Just as in previous years, we share these annual travel tips as part of our commitment to help deliver a smooth and remarkable travel experience."
1. Check out your check-in options.
WestJet offers four convenient
2. Even Santa needs ID to fly.
- Newly designed web check-in is available at westjet.com. Guests can check in from 24 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Self-serve check-in kiosks are available at most Canadian and U.S. airports in WestJet's network from 24 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure. Select serve-serve kiosks also offer self-serve bag-tagging, allowing guests to print and attach their bag tags as part of their check-in process.
- Mobile check-in allows guests to check in with a mobile device from 24 hours to 60 minutes before scheduled departure.
- Traditional counter check-in is available in all airports. Our friendly WestJetters are always happy to greet guests and help them on their way.
Regardless of age, all guests require
. Guests should ensure they also have the proper identification and travel documentation for their children. Each country on your itinerary may have different entrance and exit requirements. Before leaving, make sure the documents you use to get you there are sufficient to get you back home.
Packing a passport? Don't forget a passport if you're travelling to any destination outside
. Be sure your passport is in good condition. For questions relating to your passport, please visit
3. Be fashionable, not fashionably late.
Due to the high volume of holiday travellers, be prepared for longer wait times at the airport. We recommend guests arrive at the airport two hours prior to their scheduled time of departure. Guests can sign up to receive flight reminders or notification of flight changes by visiting
. Guests must be through security (and customs if travelling outside
) and at their departure gate 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. Guests arriving at the gate less than 10 minutes prior to departure risk losing their reserved seat.
4. We all carry a little baggage - help ensure yours fits on our aircraft.
Guests are permitted two pieces of
. One item of carry-on cannot exceed 21.5 in x 9 in x 15.5 in (55 cm x 23 cm x 40 cm) and the second item cannot exceed 16.5 in x 6 in x 13 in (43 cm x 16 cm x 33 cm). For guests travelling on flights between
Alberta and Hawaii
on WestJet's leased Boeing 757-200 aircraft from Thomas Cook Airlines, WestJet's standard carry-on allowance also applies.
Checked baggage cannot exceed 62 inches total combined length, width and height and must weigh under 23 kgs (50 lbs). Your first checked bag travels for free to any destination in WestJet's network.