COLUMBUS, Ohio, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Diamond Hill Investment Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: DHIL) today announced that its board of directors has approved an $8.00 per share special cash dividend to shareholders of record on December 17, 2012 payable December 21, 2012. The company will finalize tax characterization of the dividend in February 2013 and expects a portion will be return of capital.
While this is the fifth consecutive year that the company has paid a special dividend, there can be no assurance that the company will pay a dividend in the future. The Board of Directors and management continually review various factors to determine whether the company has capital in excess of that required for the business and the appropriate use of any excess capital. The factors considered include the company's investment opportunities, the company's risks, and future dividend and capital gain tax rates. Evaluating management's stewardship of capital for shareholders is a central part of our intrinsic value investment discipline that we practice for our clients. We hold ourselves to the same standard that we look for when evaluating investments for our clients.
About Diamond Hill :
Diamond Hill is an independent investment management firm with significant employee ownership and $9.7 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2012. The firm provides investment management services to institutions and individuals through mutual funds, institutional separate accounts, and private investment funds. Diamond Hill's entire investment team shares the same intrinsic value investment philosophy focused on absolute returns, and the firm's interests are firmly aligned with its clients through significant investment in its strategies. For more information on Diamond Hill, visit www.diamond-hill.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV