2013 Media-Related Prediction:
All Things D's Kara Swisher uncovers the truth behind the Blodget story. Minutes after Swisher breaks the news, Business Insider syndicates the story with the title: Check Out How This Tech Reporter Uncovered This Shocking Cover-Up.
Madison Square Garden (MSG):
I expect consolidation in the media space in 2013 and more than a few partnerships as big media looks to maintain its hold on key programming, particularly sports.If MSG doesn't get taken out by a big player, I will be shocked. I put my money on Rupert Murdoch's News Corp (NWSA) taking out MSG (that's the serious part) and moving to 100% control of the YES network as it sets the stage for a 2014-2015 purchase of the New York Baseball Yankees! Apple (AAPL): Big-time AAPL bull and Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster vows to appear on CNBC every day, including holidays in 2013, answering every question from Carl Quintanilla with the prediction that the release of Apple TV is imminent. Some time in mid-March, Quintanilla falls asleep during a Munster interview and later reveals that Jim Cramer put him up to doing a Mike Francesa impersonation on-the-air.
That's all I got. Yes! But, in all seriousness, no matter what you believe in, no matter what or how you celebrate, have a safe and happy holiday season and nothing but the best for 2013. I'm living the dream working for TheStreet and want to thank everybody -- management, the folks I work closely with everyday, the entire staff, colleagues outside of TST, our competitors and, most of all, my family -- for their support and inspiration. I am grateful. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV