Quality remains top of mind for car buyers for the third year running, with almost double the amount of respondents choosing it over price as influencing a car-buying decision, according to a recent telephone survey conducted for CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars. Quality was also more important to car buyers than safety and environmental factors.
Forty-one percent of Americans who have purchased a vehicle say that quality had the greatest impact on their car buying decision, followed by price and safety, in that order. Men and women chose quality as their top factor individually too – 46 percent of men and 36 percent of women chose quality. Resale and environmental factors were least important, at five and four percent respectively.
“Consumers want to drive off the lot knowing they are in a high quality vehicle, and they also want to feel good about the price and safety of the vehicle,” said Troy Flaherty, Mid-Atlantic region vice president of purchasing. “Our rigorous selection, inspection and renewal processes allow customers to have peace of mind when buying a used car."
The following are the results of the recent poll that asked adults: “Which of the following factors most influences your car-buying decision?”
|Environmental or green factors||4||6||6|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV