The Valspar Corporation (NYSE:VAL) announced today its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend of 23 cents per share, payable December 28, 2012 to all common stockholders of record on December 17, 2012. This dividend payment accelerates the Corporation’s regular quarterly dividend, which is normally paid in January. The payment represents a 15 percent increase and marks the 35 th consecutive year the Corporation has increased the dividend.
The Board of Directors has also authorized the repurchase of 15 million shares of outstanding common stock. This authorization is effective immediately, replaces the previous repurchase authorization of October 2010, and has no expiration date. Under the new authorization, shares may be purchased at management’s discretion in market transactions or negotiated private purchases. Depending on market conditions and other factors, the additional repurchases may commence or cease from time to time without prior notice.
Under the prior repurchase authorization, Valspar repurchased 12.4 million shares at a cost of $514 million through October 26, 2012. As of December 4, 2012, the company had approximately 90 million common shares outstanding.
About The Valspar Corporation The Valspar Corporation (NYSE: VAL) is a global leader in the paint and coatings industry. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers the latest innovations, the finest quality and the best customer service in the coatings industry.Valspar news releases and other investor information are available at www.valsparglobal.com .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV