- MAXIMUS INC's earnings per share declined by 6.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MAXIMUS INC reported lower earnings of $2.19 versus $2.32 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.99 versus $2.19).
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MMS's share price has jumped by 50.63%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $30.10 million or 9.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.61%.
- MMS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, MMS has a quick ratio of 1.93, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
5 Tech Stocks to Buy for 2013: Astro-Med
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts