Gregarious Billionaire Stewart Rahr Donates $250,000 To Bailey's Cafe
BROOKLYN, N.Y., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Stewart J. Rahr Foundation has donated $250,000.00 to Bailey's Cafe, a Brooklyn-based nonprofit that brings youth and elders together through the arts and service. Born and raised in New York City, Rahr is a committed benefactor of important charitable causes and is excited about the purpose and goals of Bailey's Cafe. The generous support of Mr. Rahr's foundation will take the organization to a new level of effectiveness and affect positive change in the lives of many.
Stewart Rahr is listed as #298 on the Forbes 400 according to Forbes Magazine. Rahr sold his pharmaceutical distribution company for $1.3 billion, and put aside $100 million to establish the Rahr Foundation with which he donates to many charitable causes.
Bailey's Cafe will use the funding to expand their programming and reach more youth and elders, continuing their work of bringing these two frequently marginalized groups together through a sense of purpose and possibility . The young people who hear and interpret the elder's stories or help them in daily tasks experience a sense of empowerment as a result of bringing history to life through the arts and by providing service. The elders who share their wisdom and offer mentoring feel needed, less alone and connected to the present.
Bailey's Cafe does not yet have its own home and Stefanie Siegel, founder and Executive Director of Bailey's, indicated that Mr. Rahr's generosity will also enable the organization to start a capital campaign to secure a permanent space in the communities it serves. Having a home will better allow Bailey's Cafe to fulfill its mission as a "place of solace" and to develop social entrepreneurship activity with an actual café, a media center, a wellness center and a performance space.www.baileyscafe.org SOURCE Bailey's Cafe
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV