- Prostate cancer is not the only cause of an elevated PSA
- PSA level can increase with prostatitis, BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), or even recent sexual activity
- Elevated PSA can be addressed with antibiotics when no physical irregularity is noticed during physical exam
- Prostate biopsy should be performed only when a prostate nodule is present, the PSA level is non-responsive to antibiotics, and/or repeatedly high PSA test results are obtained
Prostate Cancer News: Interpreting PSA Test Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.