Aqua America, Inc. announced that it has hired veteran news reporter Justin Pizzi to lead its communications department. In his new role, Pizzi will be responsible for managing the internal and external communication strategies for the company and its subsidiaries and report directly to the CEO.
Justin Pizzi has been hired as communications director for Aqua America, Inc. (Photo: Aqua America, Inc.)
Pizzi comes to Aqua America most recently from the NBC owned and operated television station in Philadelphia where he worked as a reporter for seven years.
“After 12 years in journalism, I’m looking forward to the challenge of putting my communications skills at work in the corporate arena with such a talented team,” said Pizzi, who earned two Emmy awards during his tenure at NBC.
Aqua America Chairman and CEO Nicholas DeBenedictis said he is proud to have Justin join the company’s staff of experienced professionals. “Justin’s extensive experience in journalism coupled with his business education will be very valuable as we develop and align communications strategies for various audiences with the business goals of the company.”Pizzi has a B.S. in journalism from Syracuse University and an M.B.A. in marketing from Drexel University. A Philadelphia native, Pizzi continues to makes his home in the city. Aqua America, Inc. is a U.S.-based publicly traded water and wastewater utility holding company, serving approximately 3 million residents in Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Illinois, Texas, Florida, New Jersey, Indiana, Virginia, and Georgia. Aqua America is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol WTR. WTRG
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV