Ameresco, Inc. (NYSE:AMRC), a leading energy efficiency and renewable energy company, today joined with California and Butte County officials to commemorate the completion of its 2.2 megawatt (MW) landfill gas-to-energy (LFGTE) project at the Neal Road Recycling & Waste Facility in Paradise, CA. U.S. Congressman-elect Doug LaMalfa and Butte County Chair of the Board of Supervisors Steve Lambert, joined Ameresco officials for a ribbon cutting ceremony to recognize the innovative renewable energy project that is expected to generate enough clean energy to power approximately 1,300 homes, and is expected to save the County significant amounts of money through reduced energy costs and royalty payments over the next 20 years.
“We need domestic energy production. This is a great example of taking waste and creating power from it,” said Congressman-elect LaMalfa. “I applaud the efforts of Butte County and their project partner, Ameresco, for creating energy and local jobs here in this community.”
Ameresco designed and built the facility, and will own, operate and maintain it for the duration of the 20-year contract. The facility will collect methane gas produced by decaying organic materials and process it to generate power, with a portion of the revenues from the sale of that power returned to the County for the duration of the contract. The clean energy produced from the project will be sold to Alameda Municipal Power through a 20-year power purchase agreement.
“After years of hard work, I am really pleased with the completion of this project,” said Steve Lambert, Chair of the Butte County Board of Supervisors. “This innovative public-private partnership further increases the County’s renewable energy production while generating revenues for the County. I want to thank all those who made the project possible, including the Board of Supervisors, Ameresco, PG&E, permitting agencies, as well as County staff.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV