NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Some people may be surprised the major studios are still willing to do business with Netflix (NFLX). Especially that Walt Disney (DIS) is apparently willing to do business with Netflix.
New York Post reported the other day, Disney has given the streaming service exclusive rights to some of its old movies, starting in 2016,
Our Rocco Pendola, who was a "bear's bear" on Netflix throughout 2011, came around this summer when CEO Reed Hastings started talking about the company as
Personally, I don't think the cost will be that high, because Hollywood is desperate to escape a trap of its own making. That trap is called "basic cable," in which subscribers buy a package of channels created by the operator, whether they want these channels or not.What turned this great deal into a bad deal, and will soon turn it into no deal, is what customers want most. They want live sports. What has been happening over the last few years is that sports has been slowly crowding entertainment out of basic cable. When a channel like AMC tries to get a small price increase, war breaks out, as summarized at this recent article
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV