Daimler Welcomes The New Shareholder Agreement At EADS; Reduction Of Own Shareholding In 2012 Proceeding As Planned
STUTTGART, Germany, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Daimler welcomes and supports the new organization of the shareholder structure at EADS and the related conclusion of a new shareholder agreement replacing the existing one. As before, Daimler intends to reduce its equity interest in EADS before the end of 2012 and in this context will sell some of its EADS shares, among others to KfW. Daimler and KfW are in close contact on this matter. Final decisions on the exact details of the sale will be made soon.
"We welcome the reorganization of the EADS shareholder structure with a limited state influence, which we have always advocated. This is a big step towards a more market-oriented shareholder structure and will expand the entrepreneurial freedom of EADS. In combination with the protective mechanisms on limiting voting rights that are now planned, EADS is extremely well prepared to face future challenges," stated Bodo Uebber, Member of Daimler's Board of Management for Finance & Controlling and Financial Services. "At the same time, we can further reduce our shareholding. As we have previously emphasized, we want to concentrate on our core business of automotive manufacturing and mobility services."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV