Even though the firm is best known for its retail stores, AutoZone also runs a lucrative commercial business that provides parts to repair shops and service stations. While the margins aren't as deep for the commercial part supply business, the volumes are, and they enable AZO to take advantage of repair trends that extend beyond the do-it-yourselfers who stroll into one of the firm's stores.
Mexico is a big growth market for AZO. Like the U.S., Mexico has a car culture that's reliant on personal vehicles for transportation. And with an aging fleet south of the border, AutoZone's stores should continue to generate impressive returns on invested capital. A manageable debt load and double-digit net profit margins should leave room for AZO to keep up its growth trajectory abroad...
To see the magic formula rankings for these five stocks, check out the Magic Formula Q4 2012 portfolio on Stockpickr.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV