1. As of noon trading, Fortune Brands Home & Security ( FBHS) is down $0.72 (-2.4%) to $29.28 on light volume Thus far, 422,748 shares of Fortune Brands Home & Security exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.94-$30.03 after having opened the day at $29.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.00. Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc. provides home and security products for use in residential home repair, remodeling, new construction, and security and storage applications. Fortune Brands Home & Security has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 198.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 74.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Fortune Brands Home & Security a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Fortune Brands Home & Security as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Get the full Fortune Brands Home & Security Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer durables industry could consider Consumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDR ( XLY) while those bearish on the consumer durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts