1. As of noon trading, Walgreen Company ( WAG) is up $0.82 (2.4%) to $35.09 on average volume Thus far, 4.5 million shares of Walgreen Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.50-$35.36 after having opened the day at $34.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.27. Walgreen Co., together with its subsidiaries, operates a network of drugstores in the United States. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drugstores, as well as through mail, and by telephone and online. Walgreen Company has a market cap of $32.4 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Walgreen Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Walgreen Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Walgreen Company Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts