Southwest Airlines Chairman, President And CEO Gary C. Kelly To Chair A4A Board Of Directors
United President and CEO Jeffery Smisek to Serve as Vice Chair
WASHINGTON, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Airlines for America (A4A), the industry trade organization for the leading U.S. airlines, announced today that Southwest Airlines Chairman, President and CEO Gary Kelly has been elected to a two-year term to serve as Chairman of the A4A Board of Directors. United Airlines President and CEO, Jeffery Smisek was elected to serve as Vice Chairman.
Kelly succeeds Delta CEO Richard H. Anderson." Gary Kelly is a dynamic leader who has been instrumental in moving the goals of the U.S. airline industry forward," said A4A President and CEO Nicholas E. Calio. "We congratulate Gary on his election as our Chairman and look forward to working with him in our continued push to further a National Airline Policy, which is critical to America's economic growth, our communities, our infrastructure and the traveling public. We also want to thank Richard Anderson for his exceptional leadership as A4A's Board Chairman over the past two years. Richard's clear vision, unwavering commitment and determination helped transform A4A into a highly effective advocate for the U.S. airline industry. His efforts have paved the way for a more competitive global commercial aviation industry in this country." "I am honored to be named as A4A's Chairman, and I am committed to our continued work to help ensure the long-term stability and viability of the aviation industry," Kelly said. "The U.S. airline industry plays a vital role in the overall health of our nation's economy. I look forward to the opportunity to work with my industry peers to advocate for a National Airline Policy and serve our passengers, our employees and our communities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV