New Assessment Tool For Forensic Psychologists Measures Understanding Of Miranda Rights
LUTZ, Fla., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PAR, Inc. has announced the release of the Standardized Assessment of Miranda Abilities (SAMA). The SAMA is designed to help forensic psychologists evaluate a defendant's understanding of his or her Miranda rights.
Since the watershed decision of Miranda v. Arizona in 1966, the Supreme Court has continued to define what is legally required for Miranda warnings and waivers. Today, Miranda warnings are required to address five issues: the right to silence; the risk of waiving the right to silence; the right to counsel; the availability of counsel for indigent defendants; and the option to reassert these rights at any time. In addition, any waiver of Miranda rights must be made voluntarily, knowingly, and intelligently.
Developed by Richard Rogers, PhD, ABPP, one of the leading experts on Miranda law in the U.S., the SAMA includes five measures that assess vocabulary and comprehension of the wording typically used in Miranda warnings as well as the knowledge, beliefs, misconceptions, and reasoning skills that may affect an individual's choice to exercise or waive his or her rights. Highly valid and reliable, the SAMA provides a clear picture of a defendant's thinking in regard to Miranda decision-making.
Interested parties should visit the company's Web site, www.parinc.com, or call 1.800.331.8378 for more information.Founded in 1978, PAR is a leading publisher of assessment instruments, software, and other related materials. Over the past three decades, PAR has earned a reputation for providing customers with innovative assessment solutions and unparalleled customer service. SOURCE PAR, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV