Brazilian Company To Build $1B Railroad In Malawi
BLANTYRE, Malawi (AP) â¿¿ Malawi plans to break ground on a $1 billion new railway line in the country to ferry both passengers and minerals through the nation.
A statement from the president's office Wednesday said the line would be built by Brazilian mining company Vale SA. Vale currently has operations in Mozambique mining coal and some of that mineral will be shipped through Malawi for the local market, as well as to export abroad.
Malawi's presidency said the project will create more than 3,000 jobs.
Mozambique's government now is considering a $2 billion port and railroad line project to speed the nation's coal exports to the rest of the world. Officials say that the improved railroad will connect to the planned railroad running through Malawi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV