3 Things You Should Know About Small Business: Dec. 5
Sam's Club is also partnering with small-business mentoring organization SCORE to offer a grant totaling $547,000 that will:
- Provide business owners with access and travel to a two-day "High Speed Growth Seminar," a special training program featuring key executives and workshops on attracting customers, branding, online marketing and developing a sales plan; and
- Fund three regional educational workshop events next year hosted by SCORE for any small business in those regions.
"Successful small businesses are integral to solidifying a strong economy," said Kenneth Yancey Jr., SCORE's chief executive. "Working with Sam's Club this holiday season, numerous SCORE small-business clients will benefit from an award that will give them the financial and educational boost they need to start 2013 with a more secure foundation."
-- Written by Laurie Kulikowski in New York.Follow @LKulikowski To contact Laurie Kulikowski, send an email to: Laurie.Kulikowski@thestreet.com. >To submit a news tip, email: email@example.com.
Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV