Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced shipment of Advanced Design System 2012, its flagship RF and microwave EDA software platform.
ADS 2012 features new capabilities that improve productivity and efficiency for all applications the system supports and breakthrough technologies applicable to GaAs, GaN and silicon RF power-amplifier multichip module design. The capabilities and breakthroughs now available to new and existing ADS users include:
- User interface enhancements designed to improve design efficiency and productivity, such as dockable windows for quickly accessing frequently used dialog boxes.
- Updated Load Pull and Amplifier DesignGuides, which offer mismatch simulation and make it easy to see amplifier performance at a specific output power level or a specific amount of gain, respectively.
- Dramatically improved integration with EMPro, which enables 3-D electromagnetic component designs to be saved as database cells for use directly in ADS.
- A new ADS electro-thermal simulator that incorporates dynamic temperature effects to improve accuracy in “thermally aware” circuit-simulation results.
- Multichip module electromagnetic simulation setup and Finite Element Method simulation of different technologies to analyze electromagnetic interactions between circuits and interconnects, wire bond and flip-chip solder bumps in typical multichip RF power-amplifier modules.
- Model support for Agilent’s artificial neural network-based NeuroFET model (extracted by Agilent’s IC-CAP device modeling software) to enable more accurate FET modeling and simulation results.
Currently supported Agilent customers interested in the ADS 2012 breakthroughs and features should contact their local applications engineer or field sales person for more information.
AvailabilityADS 2012 is now available for download at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads-downloads-and-trials. More information on ADS 2012 is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads2012. An image of ADS 2012 is available at www.agilent.com/find/ADS2012SW_images. About Agilent Advanced Design System Software Advanced Design System is the world’s leading electronic design automation software for RF, microwave and high-speed digital applications. In a powerful and easy-to-use interface, ADS pioneers the most innovative and commercially successful technologies, such as X-parameters* and 3-D electromagnetic simulators, used by leading companies in wireless communications and networking as well as the aerospace and defense industries. For more information about Agilent ADS, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-ads. About Agilent Technologies Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,500 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had revenues of $6.9 billion in fiscal 2012. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com. *X-parameters is a trademark and registered trademark of Agilent Technologies in the United States, European Union, Japan and elsewhere. The X-parameters format and underlying equations are open and documented. For more information, visit www.agilent.com/find/eesof-x-parameters-info. NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV