Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Be gloomy, be critical and be angry, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Wednesday -- just realize the stock market is "giving it all she's got," as Star Trek's Scotty would say.
It's easy to be negative on the markets, especially with our warring parties in Washington continuing the worst standoff since 1860 before the Civil War. Our politicians won't even agree to fix the problem before taking their winter vacations, said Cramer, let alone agree on any portion of a solution.But while the markets have their eyes trained on Washington, Cramer said individual companies such as Starbucks (SBUX) are telling a different story one of growth and prosperity. He said Starbucks' analyst day had only positive things to say, including no deceleration in China. Then there's Apple (AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Drew Alexander, president and CEO of Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI), a real estate investment trust with 301 properties in 12 states and a 4.28% dividend yield. Alexander was upbeat on his company's business model, which focuses on supermarket-anchored shopping centers in metropolitan areas. He said these centers bring in people on a regular basis and are the most recession-resistant opportunities out there. Weingarten has both tenant diversify and geographic diversity to help it succeed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV