Stocks Edge Higher On Hope For China Stimulus
The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell 1 basis points to 1.59 percent.
Among other stocks making big moves:
â¿¿Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold plunged $6.12, or 16 percent, to $32.16 after the mining company said it is buying oil companies Plains Exploration & Production and McMoRan Exploration for about $9 billion.
â¿¿Mattress Firm Holding Corp. fell $6.65, or 22 percent, to $23.67 after the mattress retailer said late Tuesday that sales trends were softening.â¿¿Pandora Media, an internet radio company, fell $1.65, or 17.5 percent, to $7.80 after saying it would make a much larger loss in the fourth quarter than analysts had been forecasting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV