PAMPANGA and DAVAO, Philippines, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IBM (NYSE: IBM) today announced the opening of two new branch offices in the Philippines as it builds out its presence and increases its support for clients and partners in the country. The new offices in the cities of Pampanga and Davao are the latest additions to IBM's growth market operations and part of a strategy to increase its presence in the fastest growing economies in the world.
The ASEAN region has recently experienced record economic growth and earlier this year IBM opened new offices in regional cities in Malaysia and Indonesia. This year, the Philippines has been one of the stars of the ASEAN region with a strong economic performance driven by domestic demand, government spending and increased foreign investment. IBM is seeing increasing demand for its solutions and services in the fast-growing regions beyond the capital Manila as the Philippines government works to stimulate growth across the country.
"2012 has been an important year for IBM in the Philippines. Not only have we marked 75 years of business operations in the country, but with new offices in Pampanga and Davao, we have also intensified our focus on emerging regions beyond Manila, in line with the government's Next Wave Cities program," said Mariels Almeda Winhoffer, Country General Manager, IBM Philippines.Central Luzon, where the Pampanga office is located, has two of the country's premier economic zones – Clark and Subic Bay Freeport Zones - and other industrial areas that generate jobs and revenue for the country. Composed of seven provinces, the region has an international airport, a seaport, industrial and agricultural areas and rapidly evolving tourism and services industries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV