I have written extensively about Intel's problems. Don't tell me about the company's success in the server market. That's parallel to Research in Motion (RIMM) bulls citing "security" as the reason why the enterprise would not abandon Blackberry.
Fair or not, investors look to the consumer market when assessing a company like Intel. They don't know anything about, nor do they have any inclination to learn about the stacks Intel supplies corporate America. Investors -- on Wall Street and on Main Street -- want to know about the consumer market.
Intel chips might be on the way out at Apple. Even worse, they're closely aligned with the sinking ship that is Microsoft (MSFT) and the PC market.
Not good.If you want a dividend value play, buy AAPL. Run away from INTC. The teens are here -- and with the exception of a dead cat bounce on some hollow whiff of optimism -- they're not going away anytime soon. Follow @rocco_thestreet --Written by Rocco Pendola in Santa Monica, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV