Aegion Corporation (Nasdaq Global Select Market: AEGN) today announced that United Special Technical Services, LLC (“USTS”), a joint venture between United Pipeline Systems, Inc., a subsidiary of Aegion (“United”), and Special Technical Services LLC (“STS”) of Oman, was recently awarded multiple projects with a combined value of over $21 million (USD). These projects are located in Kuwait, Algeria, Bahrain and Oman. United owns a 51 percent interest and STS owns a 49 percent interest in the joint venture.
In Kuwait, USTS will supply and install United’s proprietary Tite Liner ® system in over 230 miles of 4-inch to 30-inch diameter water injection pipelines. Work on this project is expected to begin in early 2013 and to be completed within 18 months.
The Algeria contract requires USTS to design and install a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) liner in nearly 10 miles of 8-inch diameter water disposal pipelines. This project will be the first time the Tite Liner ® system has been installed in Algeria.
The project in Bahrain will require USTS to perform the fusion and installation of approximately 40 miles of HDPE ring main headers to be used for water distribution throughout an oilfield.The contracts in Oman involve the supply and installation of eight miles of HDPE liners in water injection and process pipelines ranging from 12-inches to 24-inches in diameter. The projects in Algeria, Bahrain and Oman are expected to be completed by June 2013. Dorwin Hawn, Aegion’s Senior Vice President, Energy & Mining, said, “We are pleased to have been awarded these contracts in the Middle East. USTS positions United and Aegion’s Energy & Mining group to be fully prepared to capture opportunities in this region and to continue growing our footprint in this important region. We are confident we will continue to see increased activity in the Middle East.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV