NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Amazon (AMZN) wants you to buy its two new Kindle Fire tablet computers. And the company will go as far as offering a monthly "all-access" plan for kids content to make the sale.
Amazon is calling the plan Kindle FreeTime Unlimited. The idea is to keep children between the ages of 3 and 8 occupied, day and night, with movies, TV shows, music, books and educational games targeted just for them. Amazon describes it as its "All-You-Can-Eat Content Service Built Just For Kids."
Amazon boasts that the plan includes kids' favorites including Elmo, Dora, Thomas & Friends, Cinderella, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Curious George and more. In addition, Amazon promises that in-app payments, advertisements and social media will be removed for FreeTime Unlimited subscribers.
The cost? Amazon is asking $4.99 per child, per month. Two children or more? The family plan is $9.99 a month. If you're an Amazon Prime customer, those prices are discounted to $2.99 per child, per month or $4.99 for the entire family. Cheaper than hiring a part-time baby sitter.The Kindle FreeTime Unlimited Plan is available only to owners of Amazon's new line of Kindle Fire, which run on Google's (GOOG) Android operating system -- that means the Kindle Fire HD (starting at $199) and Kindle Fire HD 8.9 ($299 and up). -- Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV