Staples Foundation, the private charitable arm of Staples, Inc., today announced it has awarded more than $1.4 million in grants to non-profit organizations in 43 states under a new program that lets Staples associates direct donations.
The grants are part of a new philanthropic initiative created by Staples Foundation which allows Staples associates around the world to direct funding to non-profit organizations that are focused on education or job skills. The program encourages local community engagement by awarding larger grants to organizations where associates are highly engaged in volunteering or fundraising – up to $25,000 per organization.
In 2012, U.S. associates directed more than $1.4 million of Staples Foundation grants to 434 local non-profit organizations, including the following organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America (multiple local Clubs), $183,000
- John Andrew Mazie Memorial Foundation, Mass., $20,000
- TSE-Inc., Minn., $20,000
- A Child’s Place, N.C., $15,000
- Horizons for Homeless Children, Mass., $15,000
- Rhode Islanders Sponsoring Education, R.I., $7,500
- Reed Academy, N.J., $7,500
- Midlands Community Development Corporation, S.C., $7,500
- I Have a Dream Foundation, Colo., $5,000
- Chicago Family Directions, Ill., $5,000
- Women of Substance & Men of Honor, Calif., $5,000
The new program, called 2 Million and Change, will award additional funds to organizations around the world, reaching more than $2 million in grants for the year.“Staples Foundation is committed to making a positive impact in the communities where our associates live and work,” said Katy Dobbs, director of global community relations for Staples, Inc. “Through our new program, we are pleased to support our associates and the local non-profit organizations that matter to them most.” About Staples Community and Giving Staples contributes to educational and youth-oriented community efforts, from literacy and mentoring to career skills development, through in-kind and monetary donations and grants from Staples Foundation, the private charitable arm of Staples, Inc. Through its community and giving efforts, Staples and Staples Foundation have helped more than 6,000 organizations in 2,000 communities across 27 countries. Community and Giving is also an integral component of Staples Soul, which recognizes the connection between long-term business success and the impact Staples has on associates, communities and the planet. For more information, visit www.staples.com/community.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV