Citi will continue to invest in its franchises in these countries to serve its targeted consumer segments. After this repositioning, Citi will have more than 4,000 retail branches around the world and all of the aforementioned countries will continue to be served by our institutional businesses.
Citi Holdings: Citi Holdings is expected to eliminate approximately 350 positions and incur approximately 5% of the repositioning charges. Most of the repositioning charges are related to branch rationalization in Greece and Spain.
Corporate/Other: About 25% of the announced repositioning charges are expected to be incurred in Corporate/Other.
- Operations & Technology: Citi’s Operations & Technology function is expected to achieve greater efficiency through increasing standardization and the use of automated processes; streamlining the organizational structure; and consolidating functions and moving certain positions to lower-cost locations. In addition, there will be a consolidation of certain locations in Citi’s real estate portfolio. In addition to the reductions in Operations & Technology positions that support the ICG and GCB businesses, these actions will result in the reduction of approximately 2,300 positions that support corporate services, real estate, and Citi Holdings.
- Global Functions: Roughly 300 Global Functions positions will be eliminated as a result of efficiency savings.
"Citi has come a long way over the past several years. We have been consistently profitable; our capital strength is among the highest in the industry; and we have shed hundreds of billions in assets and businesses that are not core to our strategy. We will continue to seek ways to optimize the execution of our strategy to better serve our clients and deliver results for all of our stakeholders," concluded Mr. Corbat.Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV