SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) announced it is now sampling a new chipset that provides the strongest levels of security when authentication of peripherals is necessary. As part of Maxim's DeepCover™ security products, the chipset comprises the DS2465 secure coprocessor with integrated 1-Wire® master and the DS28E15 / DS28E22 / DS28E25 1-Wire secure authenticators. This secure chipset protects a revenue stream by ensuring that only licensed peripherals are used with OEM equipment. Many applications in consumer, medical, industrial, and communications markets will immediately benefit from this security.
OEMs can ensure that the peripherals used with their equipment are genuine and meet their performance and quality standards. The DS2465 coprocessor, used with any of the 1-Wire secure authenticators, quickly identifies unlicensed after-market peripherals that are not approved for a system. An example application is a medical system for patient monitoring that uses replaceable sensors and peripherals. Using this DeepCover secure chipset, the medical device will verify that the attached medical sensors are authentic and approved by the device manufacturer, and thus deliver the performance and safety requirements demanded by the application.
- Advanced security: the DS2465 performs SHA-256 coprocessing to operate slave devices that provide SHA-256 authentication security; an integrated 1-Wire master communicates with 1-Wire slaves.
- Design flexibility: the DS28E15/DS28E22/DS28E25 make it easy to add a device to a design with either the integrated 1-Wire IO of the DS2465 or one spare GPIO pin from a microcontroller or FPGA.
- Comprehensive physical tamper protection: thwarts the most probable security attack at the die level.
- Minimalist interface simplifies implementation and reduces costs: the 1-Wire interface requires only one dedicated contact to operate.
- "Customers require secure authentication," said Scott Jones, Executive Director at Maxim Integrated. "You need an implementation that is cryptographically sound, but it must also withstand an inevitable attack and physical tampering to obtain keys and secrets. Maxim leads the way in this field by ensuring that sensitive information is protected with strong cryptography and state-of-the-art tamper protection."
- "Maxim has been on a continuous path of improvement with die-level tamper protection for their secure authentication IC product line," said Christopher Tarnovsky, Vice President of semiconductor security services at IOActive and founder of Flylogic, an IOActive company. "These latest DeepCover SHA-256 devices illustrate that Maxim is serious about compromise attack protection."
- All products are specified over the -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Contact the company to request pricing.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts