SAN MATEO, Calif., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Broadridge Financial Solutions' (NYSE: BR) Access Data is further strengthening its "Big Data" capabilities for asset management and brokerage firms with technology from EMC ®. Access Data will utilize EMC's Greenplum® Unified Analytics Platform (UAP) to create a single unified data platform that enables powerful and agile analytics to continue to transform how the financial industry leverages data. Access Data, a leader in enterprise data management, analysis and reporting, processes data and provides solutions through its clients and partnerships representing more than 90 percent of long term mutual fund assets, as well as 95 percent of all assets in the growing ETF space.
- Single Point to Insight: Access Data is utilizing Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform (UAP) to create a single unified data platform for a leading distributor that enables powerful and agile analytics to continue to transform how the financial industry leverages data.
- Faster Time to Insight: With EMC's Greenplum UAP, Access Data was able to reduce processing and analysis time on a four billion record data repository from more than eight hours to just minutes.
- Deeper Insights: The integration of structured and unstructured data analytics with real-time feeds and queries provides actionable and customized market intelligence for the whole enterprise.
Customer Challenges and Solution:The EMC Greenplum solution adds another level of analysis and flexibility for Access Data clients – asset management firms and brokerages. Data that used to take eight hours to process and analyze can now be done in just minutes, providing rapid insight to better understand sales trends and the distribution of products. In essence, this will enable Access Data clients to gain greater visibility into how assets are generated and which advisors are driving the firm's sales, and in turn, be able to quickly and accurately target resources and increase assets under management. Additionally, the platform will allow mutual fund companies to understand their market share, how they rank among other firms, and where their products are gaining traction and how to best target new clients.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts