National Educator Conference Zeroes In On Top 21st Century Issues
PETERBOROUGH, N.H., Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Staff Development for Educators (SDE), one of the nation's leading providers of professional development for K-12 educators, is pleased to announce its annual National Conference on Differentiated Instruction, taking place July 15-19, 2013 in Las Vegas.
Each summer, upwards of 4,000 educators from across the country attend the four-day event to learn about Differentiated Instruction (DI), an approach to teaching and learning that matches what and how a student learns to the student's readiness level, interests, and learning style in order to foster maximum academic growth.
The big difference in 2013 will be a deliberate broadening of topics based on feedback from 2012 attendees. "We pay serious attention to what educators say they need, and we work hard to deliver," reports Kate Maggs, Program Planning Manager at SDE. "'You spoke and we listened,' is a way of life at SDE." The 2013 conference will offer sessions on the new Common Core State Standards, 21 st century learning, technology integration, classroom management, motivation, and much more.
In addition, there will be "flipped" sessions for which educators will be given materials to review ahead of time, "make and take" sessions in which attendees construct useful materials to take with them, and a 28-session administrator strand to guide school leaders in choosing the most relevant and beneficial sessions.Delivering the keynote address for the conference will be celebrated educator Ron Clark—New York Times best-selling author and subject of the movie, The Ron Clark Story. Several other notable names in education will present at the conference, including
- Dr. Harry and Rosemary Wong, who produced The Effective Teacher, the video series that won the Telly Award for being the best educational staff development video of the past twenty years
- Rick Wormeli, award-winning author, renowned educational consultant, and perennial conference favorite
- Kelly Gallagher, adolescent writing authority
- Rich Allen, PhD, motivation and brain expert
- Peter Johnston, author of the very highly regarded book, Choice Words
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts