NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Attorney Advertising -- Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC is investigating potential claims on behalf of purchasers of the securities of Net 1 UEPS Technologies Inc. ("Net 1" or the "Company") (NasdaqGS: UEPS), concerning potential violations of federal securities laws.
On December 4, 2012, Shares of Net 1 fell 58% or $4.62 to close at 3.22 after the company announced that it received a letter from the US Department of Justice, Criminal Division (the"DOJ") on November 30 informing the Company that the DOJ and the FBI are investigating whether the company had made corrupt payments to South African government officials to secure a contract with the South African Social Security Agency ("SASSA"). The alleged payments relate to securing a contract with SASSA to provide social welfare and benefits payments. The agencies will also investigate if Net 1 violated federal securities laws in connection with statements made in its SEC filings regarding the SASSA contract. The Company further disclosed that the SEC's Division of Enforcement has advised Net 1 that it is also conducting an investigation of the Company.
If you are aware of any facts relating to this investigation, or purchased shares of UEPS, you can assist this investigation by contacting either Peretz Bronstein or Eitan Kimelman of Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC at 212-697-6484 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who inquire by e-mail are encouraged to include their mailing address and telephone number.
Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC is a corporate litigation boutique. Our primary expertise is the aggressive pursuit of litigation claims on behalf of our clients. In addition to representing institutions and other investor plaintiffs in class action security litigation, the firm's expertise includes general corporate and commercial litigation, as well as securities arbitration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV