DALLAS, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) and Nimbix, a leader in heterogeneous high performance computing cloud processing, announced their collaboration on Nimbix's Accelerated Compute Cloud (NACC). By selecting TI's high-performance KeyStone multicore DSPs, Nimbix is significantly reducing power and accelerating workflows for video processing and imaging applications, making high performance computing in the cloud easier than ever before.
"When choosing technology for our accelerated compute cloud, we looked no further than TI's KeyStone multicore DSPs," said Steve Hebert, CEO of Nimbix. "With the Nimbix Accelerated Compute Cloud, customers can leverage hardware acceleration technology, including TI's multicore DSPs to increase the speed and ease of use for video and imaging applications, as well as reducing overall development costs. Together with TI, we are lowering the adoption barrier, while helping users achieve better cloud economics."
The cloud has become an increasingly important computing paradigm for high performance and data intensive applications. As analytics challenges and cloud data processing volumes continue to explode, having an infrastructure tuned to handle these diverse workloads more efficiently becomes paramount. The TI and Nimbix collaboration demonstrates the power of combining low-power acceleration technology with an easy to use high performance cloud service. Nimbix leveraged the fixed-and floating-point capabilities of TI's KeyStone-based TMS320C66x DSPs to provide real time high definition video processing in a cloud compute environment. The use of multicore DSPs over other processors lends itself to be better in performance per watt, resulting in lower TCO for a variety of cloud-based workloads, including video, imaging and multimedia.
"We are very excited to be working with Nimbix on their Accelerated Compute Cloud," said Ramesh Kumar, business manager, multicore processors, Texas Instruments. "In just two weeks Nimbix got our multicore DSP technology integrated with their cloud environment, and we look forward to continuing our work with them in the high performance computing market as they implement accelerated cloud platform for additional DSP workloads."Availability Nimbix offers its cloud computing service through the Nimbix Accelerated Compute Cloud Portal at https://nacc.nimbix.net and through its innovative Task Processing API which enables enterprises to launch many concurrent cloud processing tasks with a simple web command. Do MORE with MULTICORE:
- Learn more about TI's high-performance multicore DSPs
- Watch TI's Ask The Experts video series
- Engage with engineers and TI experts on the TI E2E™ Community and Multicore Mix blog
- Follow TI on Twitter and become a fan of TI on Facebook
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV