- Cliff Burrows, president, Starbucks Americas and U.S., announced that his region planned to add more than 3,000 net new stores, and renovate thousands more stores, over the next five years. At least half of the new stores are expected to be in the strong, rapidly growing U.S. market where revenue grew by 9 percent in fiscal 2012. Burrows also announced plans to leverage the recently completed Evolution Fresh and La Boulange acquisitions – and to increase sales and drive customer frequency throughout the day – by making La Boulange® products available in more than 2,500 U.S. company-operated Starbucks stores and making Evolution Fresh™ juices available in more than 5,000 U.S. company-operated stores by the end of 2013.
- John Culver, president, Starbucks China and Asia-Pacific, said his region – the company’s fastest growing retail store market – will approach 4,000 stores by the end of 2013, including 1,000 in Mainland China, 1,000 in Japan, 500 in Korea and its first store in Vietnam. Culver highlighted China as Starbucks most successful new market entry to date, and announced that China is expected to become Starbucks largest market outside of the U.S. in 2014 and is on plan to have 1,500 stores in 70 cities in 2015. At the conference, Culver noted the positive results achieved so far this quarter. Culver also provided an overview of the hugely successful opening of the company’s first three stores in Mumbai, India – opened since October – and reaffirmed plans to open the company’s first store in Delhi in early 2013.
- Michelle Gass, president, Starbucks Europe, Middle East and Africa, said Starbucks is focused on building brand relevancy, unlocking opportunities in its company-operated stores and accelerating licensing agreements in her region. Gass reaffirmed the company’s confidence that the region will achieve meaningful revenue and profit growth over the next five years, and deliver against its goal of mid-teen margins over time. Gass said, “Our past performance is not indicative of the sizable and profitable opportunity across EMEA. We have a comprehensive set of initiatives that will build on our investments over the past decade to ensure sustained and healthy profitability for the region.”
Starbucks Unveils Accelerated Global Growth Plans
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.