NEW YORK, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD), the leading source of health information, today released its 2012 Year in Health, an annual listing of the most popular health topics of the year for consumers and physicians. Although health care reform topped the consumer 2012 list, the topics varied from healthy living, including health management, to deadly diseases. For physicians, Medicare was a leading topic, with new screening guidelines and new drug approvals making the 2012 list.
"Certain news stories clearly resonate with consumers and physicians and proliferate across all media channels. This year, a Supreme Court ruling and presidential election focused the spotlight on health care reform," said Michael Smith, MD, WebMD's Chief Medical Editor. "Both consumers and physicians turned to WebMD and Medscape to better understand how the changing health care system may affect them."
WebMD uniquely understands consumer and physician search and sharing behaviors across mobile and desktop. Mobile devices empower and enable consumers and physicians to make important health decisions anytime, anywhere through our multiscreen platform.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV