Total sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2013, which ended Nov. 30, were $17.34 billion, down 4.5 percent from $18.16 billion in the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Comparable store sales for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 decreased 7.7 percent, while front-end comparable store sales for the quarter decreased 2.0 percent. Prescriptions filled at comparable stores decreased 4.6 percent and total prescriptions decreased 3.0 percent in the first quarter. Comparable pharmacy sales for the first quarter decreased 10.8 percent.
Walgreens opened 39 stores during November, including 10 relocations and closed one.
At Nov. 30, Walgreens operated 8,516 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam. That includes 8,057 drugstores, 246 more than a year ago, including 107 net stores acquired over the last 12 months. The company also operates infusion and respiratory services facilities, specialty pharmacies and mail service facilities. Its Take Care Health Systems subsidiary manages more than 700 in-store convenient care clinics and worksite health and wellness centers.
|November Comparable Sales and Prescriptions Filled|
|Total Comp Sales||-6.2%||-0.2%||-5.7%||-0.1%||0.0%|
|Comp Front End||-1.7%||-||-||-||-|
|Comp Rx Sales||-8.8%||-0.3%||-9.0%||-0.1%||0.0%|
|Comp Rx Scripts||-2.9%*||-0.3%||-||0.2%||0.1%|
* Includes +2.9 percentage points from patients filling more 90-day prescriptions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV