NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) today announced the launch of NCR Mobile Pay, a new solution that enables restaurant patrons with a smartphone to browse their bill, re-order menu items and alert their server, among other features. NCR Mobile Pay is designed for restaurants that use NCR Aloha point-of-sale (POS) technology, enabling cloud-based credit card processing on mobile devices.
Gartner anticipates that the worldwide mobile payment transactions values will surpass $171.5 billion in 2012, a 61.9 percent increase from 2011, and will average 42-percent annual growth between 2011 and 2016. "We are forecasting a market worth $617 billion with 448 million users by 2016," Sandy Shen, the company’s research director, said in a statement earlier this year. *
“We want restaurant patrons to have the best experience possible while dining. NCR Mobile Pay is the newest way we do that. Review your order, add to it, take a survey, tip and pay. We’ve put all of those abilities in the consumer’s control,” said Mike Finley, vice president and chief technology officer of hosted solutions, NCR Hospitality. “With NCR Mobile Pay, consumers take action instead of waiting. It’s the promise of mobility, delivered by NCR.”
Tightly integrated into the NCR Aloha point-of-sale solution, NCR Mobile Pay encrypts and securely accepts credit card information with password protection. The solution allows patrons to “favorite” an item, re-order items, alert a server, provide feedback or get an emailed receipt, all integrated with social media just the way mobile users expect. NCR Mobile Pay is secure, simple to use and helps to improve order accuracy, increase speed of service, and reduce credit card fraud because the actual credit card is never handled by the server.NCR Mobile Pay is accessible by a website or a QR code, provided by the restaurant’s server, which takes users directly to the check on their mobile browser.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV