A commitment to cancer
In November, GE Healthcare acquired U-Systems, Inc., a manufacturer of ultrasound products specifically designed for breast applications and its somo•v ® Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUS). The somo•v ® Automated Breast Ultrasound (ABUS) is the first & only ultrasound product with FDA approval for screening of breast cancer as an adjunct to mammography. The addition of this technology is a reflection of GE’s healthymagination commitment through its global impact on women’s health and ability to contribute to saving lives.
With the acquisition, GE Healthcare is uniquely positioned to offer U.S. healthcare providers and their patients the most comprehensive portfolio of breast care innovations on the market. In addition to digital mammography and breast magnetic resonance, GE can now offer breast screening ultrasound ABUS technology to our customers to help in early detection - which provides for more treatment options.
In addition to its products and services, which demonstrate GE Healthcare’s commitment to innovative, patient-focused solutions, GE Healthcare recently announced the launch of ‘Give a Little Beat’, a musical initiative and a first in the healthcare industry, to connect people in the fight against breast cancer through the power of music and social media. By visiting www.givealittlebeat.com, users will be able to share and listen to songs from the online GE Healthcare’s Jukebox, powered by Spotify, the leading digital music service, in support of breast cancer patients and to raise awareness about the disease. People can participate by visiting www.givealittlebeat.com or the ‘Give a Little Beat’ Facebook App. Songs will be also shared through Twitter, and other social media platforms, with the #BCMBeats hashtag.This ongoing initiative supplements the recent campaign announced by GE Healthcare to mobilize thousands of GE employees to form 'Human Ribbons' and visually demonstrate the global fight against the disease during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It also reinforces the messages posted on GE’s Breast Cancer Mosaic, a dedicated site created to share stories from breast cancer survivors, family members and healthcare professionals to increase awareness around the disease and to inspire those who are going through a difficult time. About GE’s healthymagination Initiative Launched in May 2009, GE’s healthymagination is a $6 billion global commitment to provide better health for more people by improving quality, access and affordability. GE has committed that by 2015 it will:
- Invest $6 billion in research and development and financing to launch at least 100 innovations that will help deliver better care to more people at lower cost.
- Reach 100 million more people every year with services and technologies essential for health.
- Partner with GE employees and their families around the world to help them live and work in the healthiest way possible, decrease health-related absences, and strive to limit the growing cost of health care.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV