Participants in the lawn and garden industry are relatively optimistic about growing sales during the next selling season — and they generally believe that this is a good time for dealers to start stocking more inventory, according to survey results released today by GE Capital, Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF).
Forty-three percent of industry participants said the popularity of lower-cost models will have the largest impact on sales this year. At the same time, 24 percent said reduced levels of inventory will affect sales while 20 percent said long production lead times will have an impact.
“We have seen a shift in stocking levels and improving inventory turns over the last six months,” said Michael Horak, commercial leader of CDF’s outdoor products group. “That tells us that product mix will become an important factor for retailers in the coming months. As consumer confidence starts to improve and product turns accelerate, customers will start looking for alternative product options.”
Respondents generally agreed that this is an appropriate re-stocking period, with 40 percent saying this is a good time for dealers to stock more inventory and 41 percent saying they had mixed feelings.When asked how much they expect their overall company's sales to grow in 2013, here were their responses:
- 22 percent said sales would grow zero-5%,
- 38 percent said 5%-10%,
- 23 percent said 10%-15%, and
- 16 percent said 15% or more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV