Bah Humbug! Mail Carriers And Neighbors Most Forgotten Holiday Gift Recipients
PORTLAND, Maine, Dec. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With only a few holiday shopping weeks left, Americans need to check their lists twice (or more) to avoid overlooking those closest to home when it comes to gift giving, according to a survey by CashStar, the world's leading digital gifting and incentives company. Nearly 56 million* adult online Americans are likely to forget to buy a gift for their mail carriers and nearly 44 million* are likely to forget to buy a gift for their neighbors, according to the survey, which was conducted online nationwide by Harris Interactive on behalf of CashStar from November 6-8, 2012 among 2,104 U.S. online adults aged 18 and older, and examined when online American adults remember to buy gifts and who they end up forgetting. Other people most often forgotten include the people entrusted with childcare, such as teachers and babysitters.
Despite the rushes reported around Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the survey also revealed that a quarter of online Americans only remember to buy a gift in the days leading up to an event, with nearly 10 million* remembering on the day of the occasion.
"These results reflect how hectic our schedules are, especially during the holidays. Despite our best intentions, we forget important people. Fortunately, technology is again helping to make our lives easier, now in the form of eGift Cards, which can be delivered in an instant from any computer, tablet or smartphone," said David Stone, co-founder and CEO of CashStar. "Hundreds of retailers now enable consumers to send personalized eGift Cards up to the very last minute — even from the doorstep of a holiday party, where the gift can be sent and delivered to the host before they open the door. This year, there really is no excuse to accidentally miss someone and leave them on the Island of Forgotten Gift Recipients."The CashStar 2012 Last-Minute Shopping Survey also found some other interesting trends:
- Conventional Wisdom is Right – Men were twice as likely to forget a gift until the day of an event compared to women.
- Worst Kids Ever? – Eight million* online adult Americans admitted to forgetting a holiday gift for their parents.
- Bob Cratchit is the Real Scrooge? – When it comes to gifting, 36 million* online Americans confessed to forgetting their bosses, while only 26 million* bosses forgot their employees.
- Look After Our Kid, but Don't Look for a Gift – Nearly 20 million* online Americans said that they forgot the babysitter and nearly 26 million* forgot their child's teacher.
- Southern Hospitality – People in the South remembered to shop a month in advance, but forgot the babysitter more than other regions of the U.S.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV